1. I love the quote above. I used to be so afraid of failure that I wouldn’t do anything. For me, I think it’s part of my social anxiety. It’s something that’s pretty hard to get over, but you have to keep what this quote says in mind. Mistakes are part of life. You get up and you move on. via modcloth
2. This blog post on organization actually inspired me to start writing things down to write for the blog. I made a little schedule Sunday for what I wanted to have posted and I’ve mostly stuck to it. (Monday & Tuesday were perfect, but then my mind went crazy on Thursday and for half of the day I thought it was Wednesday and the other half I thought it was Friday. Needless to say the last two days of my schedule didn’t happen.) I love Kaelah’s handwriting and her pictures of her lists… they’re all just so… pretty. I can only dream of being so organized. via little chief honeybee
3. One of my favorite blogs had a post this week including a video showcasing the blogger’s photo editing process. I sat glued to the screen throughout the entire thing. I couldn’t pick out half the things she was doing, but man did that end up as a super neat finished product. Would never even have guessed that it was a bunch of pictures stitched together. Amazing! via introvert’s introduction
4. The Face Baby. Particularly, this photo of Face Baby. I DARE YOU TO TELL ME THAT DIDN’T MAKE YOU LAUGH! Or smile. Seriously. Face Baby. via the face baby
5. This blog post about, well, blogging was very interesting to read. I’ve always been a big advocate of “blog it as it is”. I love this blog’s description of it. via helenjane.com
1. Modcloth | Write On Ring – How adorable is this ring? I think it fits me perfectly. Unfortunately, at $25, it’s kind of a pipe dream. Who buys a ring for that much? Gah. (Don’t answer that question.) Also on my list of “omg adorable want it nao” this week are these shoes. I remember seeing a pair very similar but MUCH, MUCH more expensive, so finding these made me happy. I would love to be able to get those. (Alas, once again… $55 is still $54 dollars out of my price range. Ha!)
2. Becky Bedbug | 26th July 2012 – The adorableness of this outfit absolutely slays me. I am absolutely head over heels with this blog, and this outfit basically had me squeeing when I saw it. I love Becky’s style and the way she accentuates her figure with her outfit. She makes it look easy. Someday I’ll be able to dress cute like this.
3. NerdTrivia – NerdTrivia is back! NerdTrivia IS BAAAACK!!! This is the third (?) season for NT, and it seriously makes my days just a little brighter. Every hour, they post a question about a nerdy topic on twitter, and you can either answer on their website or via DM. It’s too much fun.
4. One Dish Dinners | Stovetop Italian Chicken with Potatoes -This was dinner on Tuesday this week. It was amazing. Even for summer, this stew-y meal really hit the spot. The seasoning was perfect, and the potatoes came out just right. Very much comfort food. We’ll definitely be making it again.
5. October Afternoon Blog | Thursday Sketch – I love this layout posted by October Afternoon. I have a thing for including random circles on my layouts and this one makes them a bigger part of the whole, more than just “random”. I hope to make my own page based on this soon. I’ll post it up when I do.
What else I’ve been doing this week:
I did a couple of weight loss posts on k.com. You can find them here and here. I’m going to start chronicling (big word!) my weight loss journey here. You can follow it using the Weight Loss Journey tag up above on the navbar. And stuff.
Also on k.com: a new Shorty. Check it out! I really like this color. I even just painted my toenails with it. (That’s something I don’t do often!)
Hope everyone had a great week!
Another new feature, lol, amirite? Sigh.
I do a lot of surfing through the week and I find some pretty neat stuff. Most of it sticks to certain categories – food, style, kid things – but sometimes I find something worth sharing outside of those. Regardless, these are gonna be lists of stuff on the internets I liked throughout the week. Doesn’t have to have been posted this week, necessarily. Anyhoo.
1. Tuesday’s Dreams – Those adorable little whales are stuffies made by a twitter friend of mine. Aren’t they adorable? I absolutely love her work and the whales are just the tip of the iceberg. Seriously, go check out her store. Squee! (If I had the money, Penelope the Artichoke-Patterned Elephant would be mine. I just want to hug her! Look at how huggable she looks!)
2. cupcakes and cashmere | “In the Gray” – I loved this outfit post so much. It’s so simple, yet stylish, and I love gray. Emily looks so effortlessly put together and I wish I could style something so simple but great-looking someday.
3. turtle soup | “Baby Tooth Chart” – This is a tooth chart for babies. I’m absolutely in love with how adorable it is. I’m going to print it out and hang it on the fridge to track Arya’s chompers.
4. eathomecooks.com | “Garlic Lime Tilapia” – I made this for dinner on Thursday this week and it was DIVINE. Just thought I’d share the yumminess with any others who love tilapia as much as I do.
5. #The50 – This is a list of 50 things every creative person should know. I’ve been reading along and bobbing my head to it in agreement. There’s a lot of things here I need to keep telling myself. Don’t be surprised if a lot of these clog up my twitter feed for a bit, heh.